Sunday, June 2, 2013

Chalk painted furniture


This end table was an old oak piece that had water damage due to fun loving children. I loved the look after sanding edges and glazing.





Here is the original table.

These nestling tables had fingernail polish damage on the top but the legs were in good shape so I tried the two tone look. It's different but not my favorite.


Here is the original

We bought this rocking chair unfinished before our first child was born. As a new couple, we stained and varnished this solid oak rocker. Needless to say it holds many memories as we rocked our five children. However I love the new look with little work compared to the first time.


Here is the old version.


This was one of my favorite changes. This solid oak dresser matches the bedside tables in our master bedroom. We don't need it in our bedroom any more but love it in our guest room. Look for furniture with texture that can be accentuated when it is glazed. I used a rubbed bronze spray paint on all the original handles.


This is the top of the dresser as it was originally. I forget to take pictures until after I had started the project.



Outdoor furniture was one of my favorite changes.

 I took the table apart and used oiled bronze spray paint on the metal
 These are pictures before. As you can see....boring!



No comments:

Post a Comment