Sunday, December 8, 2013

Reupholstering the Love Seat

New chairs in the living room.
 One ottoman found a home in the computer room.



I thought I would buy new furniture for the West wing. After looking at prices, I decided to buy two chairs and fiture out a way to save the existing love sea. First I painted and glazed the wooden accent pieces.
 Then I used the existing couch cover along with another couch cover taken off the couch in the west wing and remade it for a tighter fix. After hand sewing around the wood sections, tucking under the edges and staple gunning them down, I used upholstery tacks (actually, these are thumb tacks painted rubbed bronze) to hold the fabric in place and add a decorative touch..

I painted and glazed end tables to match the wood on the love seat.

Below is the finished room.

Before pictures
Below is the sloppy look of the couch before reworking it.

1 comment: